Rachel D.G. Horvath
Rachel D.G. Horvath
Morin & Barkley LLP
455 Second Street, S.E., Suite 200
Post Office Box 240
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Ms. Horvath focuses her practice on medical malpractice defense, other professional liability defense, personal injury defense including claims of catastrophic injury, commercial litigation, construction and significant plaintiffs’ personal injury claims. Ms. Horvath graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2010, where she held the position of Managing Editor for the Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law.
- Complex Litigation
- Health Professional Representation
- Construction Law and Litigation
- Strategic Counseling and Risk Management
- Personal Injury
- Trucking Litigation and Insurance
- Insurance Coverage
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia, J.D., 2010
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, B.A., Psychology,summa cum laude with honors, 2007
- Virginia State Bar, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association
- Board Member, 2015-Present
- Secretary, 2014-2015
- Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Section, 2011-Present
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star Medical Malpractice, 2016
- Virginia Business Magazine, Legal Elite, Young Lawyer, 2015
- Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court
- CLE Chair, 2013-Present
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Website Committee, 2014
- Charlottesville Firms in Service
- Phi Beta Kappa
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “Who Wants to be a ‘Slum Law’ Millionaire?,” Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court, Charlottesville, Virginia, May 12, 2016.
- “Vicious or Merely Dangerous? Preparing and Trying the Dog Bite Case,” Virginia CLE, Charlottesville, Virginia, June 7, 2011 and June 24, 2015.
- “Virginia Electronic Evidence: Obtaining and Using Electronic Evidence at Trial,” Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court, Charlottesville, Virginia, January 8, 2015.
- “Tales from the Trenches: Avoiding and Defending Malpractice Claims,” University of Virginia Medical Center, November 12, 2014.
- “Virginia Rules of Evidence,” Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court, Charlottesville, Virginia, March 8, 2012. Prepared Written Materials.
- “Trends and Updates in Medical Malpractice,” Summit Health Care, Richmond, Virginia, October 27, 2011. Prepared Powerpoint Materials.
- “Young Children’s Understanding of Spatial-Graphic Representations,” Honors Thesis, Psychology Department of Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 2007.